Are you ready to get pregnant and begin your journey to becoming a momma, or are you already a momma who is trying for another baby? Either way, this post has everything my husband and I did to get pregnant in 2 cycles. (after trying with nothing but OPK's occasionally and the old-fashioned way for 11 months.)
How I Got Pregnant In 2 Cycles!
Disclosure: I am not a medical specialist. NO information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition. The information below is simply one on one advice of what I used and did to get pregnant. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
What I did That Helped Me Get Pregnant Fast:
My husband and I tried for 11 months, and by around month ten, we were considering going to a fertility clinic. However, before we poured our money into fertility, I researched more. (With my son five years prior, he was a surprise, so I had never tried before. )
After some research, I purchased several fertility-boosting products and ate more fertility-boosting foods that I knew did the trick.
In this post, I will tell you everything I did to finally get pregnant.
1. I ordered ovulation test strips in bulk and digital OPKs as well.
I ordered ovulation test strips and started taking them 10 days before my predicted ovulation day.
I loved seeing the line get darker and darker as well as matching the lines up with my digital tests. I feel like using both helped me more accurately pinpoint exactly when I was ovulating.
These ovulation tests are fantastic, easy to use, and accurate. Both digital and strips help you pinpoint your most fertile time more accurately. These are the ones I used and loved.
Strips are a favorite because you can easily see exactly when you ovulate. In addition, they come with 50 or more in a pack, so you can take as many as you want, not just once a day like with the digital.
2. Easy@Home Ovulation Test Strips - It comes with an ovulation predictor app that uses your test strips to predict your most fertile days and 20 pregnancy test strips!
2. I started using the best fertility supplements with the best reviews.
There are vitamin supplements, lube, teas, gummies, and even fertility candies now that help increases your chances of getting pregnant.
I took the Conception for Her supplements, fertility tea, and pre-seed, and My husband took Conception for Him. They all helped me get pregnant sooner than if we did not take them.
Reviews behind these products are 4.5-5 stars and high success rates!
The fertility supplements that helped us get pregnant:
TIP: According to What to Expect, taking prenatal vitamins while trying to get pregnant has been proven to help women get pregnant faster. I took prenatal vitamins for several years for my skin and nails. I switched to just conception supplements before getting pregnant two cycles later.
3. I did some research on top BBTs.
A BBT measures your basal body temperature when you're fully at rest at tiny degrees. This measurement helps you pinpoint exactly when your BBT rises: when you are most fertile.
This BBT was easy to use and I was very happy with it: The Easy@Home Smart Basal Thermometer with memory recall and auto BBT sync with charting for accurate fertility prediction.
4. I used TTC apps.
Using an app to keep track of your cycle is very important, helpful, and convenient. The apps track your ovulation to help predict your most fertile days with reminders sent to you.
I tried all these apps while trying to conceive, and each app was uniquely great. But, If I had to choose my top three that were the easiest to use and most helpful, they would be Ovia, Fertility Friend, and Glow.
Here are the links to the Apps I used and some other great fertility apps:
BEST FERTILITY + TTC APPS
- OVIA: This app is fantastic, and the best feature is the fertility score it gives you. Apple|Google
- GLOW: Wonderful app. Easy to use Ovulation Chart with ovulation predictions. Apple|Google
- FERTILITY FRIEND: Fertility Friend has a fertility chart and is very in-depth. You can compare with other charts and visualize your BBT rise, peak and drop. Apple|Google
- CLUE: Straightforward to use with ovulation and period predictions. Apple|Google
- KINDARA: Very easy to use and beautifully made. Somewhat expensive, but the community is excellent for comparing charts, and the app is VERY USEFUL when TTC. Apple|Google
- FLOW: Predicts your fertile window and ovulation day and is very easy to use. Apple|Google
5. I got to know and understand my cycle.
Knowing your cycle and when you ovulate helps you determine your fertile window. Knowing your fertile window helps you pinpoint the right time to have intercourse.
Having intercourse at the right time increases your chances of getting pregnant dramatically.
1. Learn your average cycle length.
2. Do an online ovulation calculator.
3. Write down and remember your exact fertile days and the time of your intercourse accordingly.
What are the best days before ovulation to have intercourse?
The FIVE DAYS BEFORE OVULATION and, of course, on the DAY OF OVULATION!
Best Online Ovulation Calculators
6. I learned how to track my ovulation and ovulation symptoms.
Use an ovulation chart, and ovulation tracker app with a calendar to track your cycle, ovulation test results, and ovulation symptoms, including:
- Basil Body Temp | Take every morning before getting out of bed. Try around the same time. Log your BBT on your chart and apps.
- Cervical Mucus Changes | Check in the morning before you pee. Fertile discharge is egg-white. Thin, white, transparent, or slippery. This means ovulation is near. Be sure to take your OPKs. (Ovulation Predictor Kits)
- Ovulation Pain | Most described as a sharp pain in your middle abdomen. This pain occurs around indicated ovulation time and suggests that you are ovulating and are most fertile.
- Cervical Position | Your cervix is high and soft to the touch before ovulation. The cervix is low, hard to the touch, and closed when you are not fertile.
- Breast Tenderness | This can sometimes be a sign that ovulation has occurred. It is also an early pregnancy symptom.
- Increased sex drive and feeling more "confident." | When ovulation is near, you will notice an increase in your sex drive. You will also sometimes see better changes in your skin and face.
7. We timed our intercourse.
I used my apps, BBT and OPKs, to time our intercourse.
Two months before, when we got pregnant, we had intercourse on cycle days 10, 12, 13 (my predicted ovulation day that month), and 14.
The month before our BIG POSITIVE, we had intercourse on cycle days 11, 13, 14 (Ovulation Day), and 15.
Some Intercourse Timing Good-to-Know Tips
- Sperm lives up to five days, and your egg will be viable for only 24 hours.
- Your peak fertility window is the 5 days before and the day of ovulation.
- Use an ovulation calculator to help pinpoint your exact fertile days for the best timing!
- Lay flat with your pelvis propped up with a pillow for at least 15 minutes after intercourse.
- Don't pee after intercourse.
8. I ate foods that increased my fertility.
The foods below are proven to increase fertility and help you get pregnant sooner. Eat up!
Beans and Lentils
9. I ordered pregnancy test strips in bulk.
It's a good idea to go ahead and buy some pregnancy tests to have ready. Specifically, test strips because they come in bulk; you can take five a day without emptying your wallet. With both my pregnancies, my first positive was with a pregnancy test strip.
1. Easy@Home Pregnancy Test Strips - this test gave me my early positive with my daughter in 2020, but the AccuMed Pregnancy Test Strips are better for your buck. You get five more at the same price, and mostly all pregnancy tests are the same. (Excluding six days early + test.)
2. AccuMed Pregnancy Test Strips
10. We relaxed and enjoyed our time together
Don't STRESS: Stress decreases your chances of getting pregnant.
"For example, women whose saliva had high levels of alpha-amylase, an enzyme that marks stress, took 29% longer to get pregnant than those who had less." - WebMD.
So relax, Enjoy this time, and get excited because you will soon be a momma!